This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Midnight Keep - stage 8

Since my return to the studio yesterday afternoon I have pretty much finished the sky bar a glaze or two (waiting until there is more landscape finished) and the mid-ground mountains bar the area around the waterfall; I am planning on some glazes to go over most of the landscape but need to get more painted in otherwise I will misjudge the values.
Something was bugging me about the area around the moon and fortunately while looking at a photo of the painting on my iPhone while I was away I realised that I had the perspective of the clouds wrong. The lower clouds were painted like they were near the horizon but of course in this picture it is much lower so once I had sorted that out I was able to get on with the rest of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment