This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Midnight Queen - stage 2

It is now apparent as to where this picture is going now that I have gave it a wash with a rag using a mix of Phthalocyanine Blue, Pthhaolcyanine Green and Ultramarine Violet mixed with Liquin and turpentine. Everything will be relatively dark and subdued apart from the bright moon above her head - there will be some glinting highlights from her jewelry but kept unobtrusive so as not to confuse the lighting design. It's a bit frustrating this morning as this has to dry before I can continue  and won't be able to paint any more until I return to the studio on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment