This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 10 June 2016

The Golden Temple

The third painting resulting from my recent trip to India, this is The Golden Temple in Amritsar.  I first saw it at night after a day's journey from Shimla in the foothills of the Himalayas and despite being pretty tired a group of us got some rickshaws down to the temple in time to see the evening procession. The Golden Temple looked amazing at night with all the gold glinting in the lights and the moonlight, so glad I made the effort!
For this picture I decided to make the whole painting based around yellows. oranges and violets instead of having the gold temple contrasting against other colours. I also tried to keep it quite simple in composition with everything really hanging off the sun as opposed to the temple itself, so like many of my paintings it less about the place and more about colour.
Oil on linen 20" x 20". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment