This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 14 August 2015

Departure Of The Bash Kadin - stage 2

Well I decided to stick to moonlight in the end as I think that it will look more atmospheric and evocative. I can't paint in the reflections until I can see what they are reflecting i.e. I have to finish the upper part of the picture first. The painting will be centred on a blue/green - red/orange complementary colour axis although I will need some yellow for the desert sand. The darkest part of the painting will be the strip of land with the buildings and palm trees which neatly lies on a line a third of the way up the picture. In fact The Rule Of Thirds has been used a lot in this painting, the boat lies in the corner at a third of the way along and up; this is to offset the centrally-placed moonlight reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment