This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 8 June 2014

To Touch The Sky

Loosely (extremely) connected to The Doors track "Not To Touch The Earth" this is another of my Figure-against-Sky paintings that has a song reference in the title...but in no way illustrates it....in any way! A woman runs along a hill, her outstretched arms seemingly holding up a late afternoon cloud in the sky. I tried scumbling versions of complementary yellows on blues to try and get a shimmering of light in the sky. I like this effect of one colour shining through another and will experiment with this over the coming week as I will not be able to paint a normal picture in this time due to an eye operation tomorrow for Glaucoma. Oil on canvas 15 3/4" x 15 3/4". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting on earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment