This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 4 May 2013

Clearing Rain, Meenakshi Temple - stages 2 & 3

I sketched in the clouds and the red stripes at the bottom first and then put in a rough colour block-in. I needed to do this as I can now assess the values for how I want the picture to work. I can already see that the sky needs to be darker as well as the foreground which I also now think needs more leaves to break up the potentially distracting stripes at the bottom. I plan to paint the sky the same way I do reflections; block it all in with thick paint and then drag a dry decorators brush across it horizontally which subtly merges it together, I then paint the buildings etc afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment