This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 14 June 2012

Monday Afternoon Life Session - 11 June

Well I'm learning. This time I am realising that I need to simplify areas and not to try and get in everything in front of me, particularly if I want to get the figure properly painted in. I also need to keep my shadow colours free of contamination by white etc, I will now keep a brush set by purely for shadows. I like areas of this painting like the mirror and wall behind but the figure is obviously rubbish - the model (Frankie) was holding sprigs of red and green flowers. I should have got the figure in first and then put in the flowers. Still at least I'm learning from every painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment