This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 7 July 2022

Angkor Dawn


 Another painting coming out of a Midjourney piece mixed in with memory. I was there about ten years ago when a small group of us went into Angkor Wat before dawn and walked (and stumbled) around the temple in the near dark with the whole place to ourselves, nobody else was there, amazing.... and very memorable. We then left the temple and made our way to the lake from where we watched the dawn and sunrise - along with hundreds of other tourists.

The Midjourney image provided the impetus to this one from which I recomposed it and took the lighting idea of the pink dawn clouds further with a more dramatic sky. I wanted the light just in the sky and resisted the temptation of putting those colours reflected in the water - I have just hinted at them. This makes it more have a feel of very early in the morning with the landscape hushed and mysterious. Incidentally there is no blue paint in this picture...

I will probably be taking this to IX in Reading PA in October... unless it sells earlier!

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment