This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Morning, Jebel Moussa - stage 4


 I'm still thinking of retitling this to "Low Tide, Jebel Moussa".....

What I'm trying to do with this picture is to make somewhere that only exists in my imagination look as real as I can and I think the new title makes it sound even more like a real place. So it's a fantasy painting but I'm trying to paint it as though I had set my easel up on the sand and was painting it as a plein air or at least a plein air finished in the studio.

I have redesigned some of the buildings as in daylight they didn't look very possible (in the original night time painting it was too dark to tell!), so tomorrow I hope to finish the buildings and make a good start on the sandy foreground.

Same colours as before but with the addition of Naples Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment