This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 31 July 2020

Tierra Grande

There were at least four of these signs on a road in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico, I presume it is the name of a nearby ranch? This is of course another in my The Big Sky series of paintings, this one again focusing on signs of Man's intervention in a vast natural landscape, a theme I'm warming to. The landscape is principally sagebrush which has quite a specific colour to it which I tried to get across in this picture... which I am not sure if I managed to get..... I'm not sure about this one, probably best to look at it in a couple of weeks time to reassess.
I think I have enough of these for the moment and am feeling the need to have a period of experimentation again, this time in using thicker paint. Although I am comfortable with what I have been doing I have a niggling thought that to be taken seriously in "Fine Art" the Look Du Jour is thick slightly abstracted paint and although I feel an artist has to be true to themselves in how they paint maybe it is worth trying in case it moves the work forward in a genuine way that is still natural to how I go about things... we'll see.
Oil on linen 30" x 20".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment