This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Ham Rock

Following on from "General Store" I am staying in the South West of America this time in the Arches National Park in Utah where Ham Rock can be found. I am using similar colours to the last painting but I wanted a greater sense of distance in this one so chose a lone rock against a landscape with clouds receding into the distance ending in a rain storm near the horizon. This is another painting in my The Big Sky series and I suppose I was looking for a John Ford Western kind of look but without using the Monument Valley backdrop.
I have slightly changed the landscape to make the Rock look larger than it really is for pictorial reasons, these paintings are about mood and scale and are not meant to be topographically exact to the location. 
Oil on linen 30" x 20".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting including colours used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment