This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 2 March 2019

New English Art Club

I have kind of neglected the so called "fine art" side of my work due to lack of time and opportunity over the past few years so I have recently been trying to address this, first with that series of trial paintings of recent months and now entering competitions again. I was surprised to see that all three of my paintings I entered for the annual New English Art Club exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London have got through the pre-selection stage and I will be taking them up to London in April for the final judging. I have to add at this point that it is perfectly possible that none of them will make the show! 
All three of them started out as plein air paintings that I finished off in the studio, oil on board 18 1/2" x 18 1/2". They are "Oak Pool, Isfield", "Falling Tide, Shoreham Harbour" and "October Afternoon, Newtimber Hill".
Oak Pool, Isfield


Falling Tide, Shoreham Harbour

October Afternoon, Newtimber Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment