This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 26 October 2018

Cloudscape 2 - stage 1

First version
Now that I am back from Illuxcon I am getting back to some painting. This is the second in the series of small sky paintings- a single dark cloud against a white streaked blue sky. Ha! I'm looking at it now and wondering wether to take out the landscape and just have the sky...I think I will! 
OK here is the new version...no landscape. I want them to be more abstract with no narrative context so the landscape had to go.
Stage 1 and 1a were painted in with just a rag using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and turpentine.

Second version

No comments:

Post a Comment