This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 13 January 2018

A Secret Garden - stages 1 & 2

Stage 1
Influenced by a combination of a photo I had taken recently of my parent's garden at night and the paintings of Charles Robinson this will be a moody night painting of an old abandoned garden next to a ruined country house. I want everything to look overgrown and crumbling with just a naked girl walking through illuminated by the moonlight. This was quite a complicated picture to draw up as it will very much hold together or not by it's tonal design and has no dominant feature to hang the painting on for compositional impact - it will all be about the lighting.
Stage 1 was "drawn" up using Van Dyke Brown mixed with Liquin and turpentine and applyed by a small bristle brush.
Stage 2 was put in with a rag and 1/2" brush using the same paint mixture thinned with more turpentine.

Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment