This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 15 July 2017

Midnight Keep - stage 14

I was hoping to finish it on this visit to the studio but I reckon even with the work I'll do on it tomorrow morning it will still have to wait until my next visit on Wednesday/Thursday this coming week. I don't want to hurry it and f*** it up as I am quite happy with how it's shaping up.
I have put in some underpainting on the figure and then worked on the sand and rocks in the foreground. All of the landscape is from my imagination which in one way makes it quick to paint but also entails painting out bits I'm not happy with which of course then adds to the time to get the picture finished. The moonlit area of the sand and rocks is still unresolved and hoping to sort most of that out tomorrow morning - I want to keep the warmth of colour but still make it look like moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment