This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 5 May 2017

Here Comes The Rain - stage 6

Change of plan. I decided that the inclusion of the figure took the picture too close to looking like a Romance book jacket illustration so I have painted her out (sorry Ruth) and am leaving it nearer to my original intention, a sky piece. While I'm a way from the studio until Monday I will consider various options as to what I may want to put on the horizon, at the moment I am thinking of either a tiny figure or maybe a farm building silhouetted against the sky (quite small) or of course just to leave it as a sky piece. I was always thinking of a largely dark painting with just one area of light so I guess this is back on course.
I seem to be painting it like a stormy Atkinson Grimshaw...

No comments:

Post a Comment