This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Elen - stage 5

That's as much as I can do on this visit to the studio, back on Friday and Saturday when I hope to finish the background. It's another painting that's hard to photograph, with the sunshine in the studio this morning giving it a more yellow cast. In the actual painting the sun isn't quite as clearly defined as it appears here. There will need to be some dark areas in the foreground for the lighting I have planned to work, the trick is not to make it too dark and use more subdued colours so that the top part of the painting glows with sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment