This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 4 February 2016

Wall Of The Citadel - stages 1 and 2

I enjoyed painting all the reds in the last picture so I have decided to do another one but this time a landscape. It was originally going to be an Orientalist picture of an oasis but somehow it changed into a scene of a river running by the side of a walled citadel. I want it to look hot and dusty and plan to keep it within a pretty narrow colour range of reds, oranges and yellows. 
I initially gave the linen canvas a wash of yellow (apart from the position of the sun) before "drawing" it up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Permanent Orange and Burnt Sienna thinned with Liquin and turpentine.
In stage two I washed in some tone with a rag using the same paint mixture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment