This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 11 October 2015

Fireflies - stage 1

It's all hands to the pumps at the moment as I get things ready for Illuxcon. The boxed-up paintings went off by FedEx on Friday so that's the major thing dealt with.
"Fireflies" is a small painting that I intend to take over in my luggage as an extra painting to exhibit. It will be a simple composition of a ruined Classical temple by a lake on a moonlit night with fireflies dotted around the foreground, a magical nocturne that will be all about colour and atmosphere. 
This stage was "drawn" in with a thin bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium for a short drying time. I then washed in some tone with a rag and brushes later in the afternoon using the same paint mixture thinned with turpentine and Liquin.

No comments:

Post a Comment