This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 11 September 2014

Moonlight Encampment

This is a small picture that I have done in between sending the paintings to Illuxcon and me getting there next Monday. I intend to take it along with me on the flight in my hand luggage and putting it on the table unframed, hopefully on a small table easel as an extra picture to sell and indeed to fill up the table a bit as I don't have much else to put on it! 
On a moonlit night by the Taj Mahal a small group of men sit around a campfire, their tied-up boat floats on the quiet river in the foreground. This picture is all about mood and lighting, based on a blue/orange complementary colour combination, most of the colours being mixed from Prussian Blue and Burnt Sienna. Oil on linen 16" x 12". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting on earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment