This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 17 March 2014

Moonlight


When I was painting "Spirit Of The Falls" I realised that I wanted to paint a moonlit sky with a lot of clouds but I didn't think that a busy sky would suit the composition so I resolved to paint another one but with a much simpler foreground, hence "Moonlight". I have always loved figures against clouds and sky, it somehow gives a more mythical feel so here we just have a figure sitting on a rocky promontory framed by a moonlit sky a` la Atkinson Grimshaw with a bit of Maxfield Parrish in the mix as well. It is based on a red/orange - green/blue complementary colour axis again, oil on canvas 15 3/4" x 15 3/4". A step-by-step progress of this painting precedes this post on my blog. This is another painting for possible inclusion in Illuxcon in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment