This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 11 March 2013

Caliente

Continuing my fascination with all things red, I decided to paint a load of chillies. I'm still using this depth-of-field approach by having the foreground in sharp focus and then progressively more out of focus as it recedes towards the background. This is proving to be a happy marriage of my tendency to paint things in sharp detail with a love of soft, fuzzy, more painterly images. This was painted from life which has left me with a pile of chillies that I cannot possibly use before they start to deteriorate, so I will be asking friends if they want any chillies real soon....I don't know if it's just me but I think I have somehow contrived the painting to look somewhat sinister, like red worms or something? Two day painting 12" x 12" oil on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment