This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Piccadilly Fog

Whilst preparing a board by painting a green/grey over a pink wash I noticed the potential for getting across a realistic fog effect, particularly if it was bright lights in fog. This gave me the idea for another Piccadilly painting as a companion to the earlier one, "Piccadilly 6 p.m.". I remember "pea soupers" as they used to be called like this when I first moved to London in 1974. In those days many households and indeed power stations still burnt coal and coke which combined with the river weather conditions to produce these "pea soupers" and were very common in London and indeed the rest of the cities in the country up to the late '70's. 12" x 12" oil on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment