This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 22 March 2012

Under The El - First day

The "El" is short for" Elevated " and is the nickname for the rapid transit system operated by the CTA in Chicago. I was there for a convention in 1991 where luckily I took a few photo's of the El. It was hot and humid (completely the opposite of what I was expecting) but I have decided to change the mood and lighting and make it look more like "The Windy City" of it's reputation and have set it on a very rainy day instead - Cityscapes always seem to suit rainy or snowy weather. I am going to keep it mostly monochrome with just a few flashes of pure colour for the traffic signals and car lights, the early stages being painted in transparent layers, the opaque highlights coming later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment